Monday, May 11, 2009

Historic Talbingo photos

One of the wonders of the internet age is the ease with which we can share digital images - from your weekend barbecue to pictures of historical importance, if they can be digitised, they can be shared!

Flickr is one of many "communal" websites which can be used (for free!) to share images. I did a search today for photographs of our town, and came across some within a wonderful collection called "Touring With the Covered Wagon". This set of 74 photographs from across NSW was taken in 1924 and is now available to be viewed at Flickr. Click here for a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87791108@N00/3129911337/

The photo from the link above was particularly striking to me for, as a Western Australian, I simply have no concept of snow in winter. I'm reliably informed it's a regular occurrence in Talbingo - so I'm off now to knit some winter socks and mittens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment